I’m not sure if any of you are aware, but I have an aversion to the term ‘award’ for these things and I can never help but break the rules. However, I’m always secretly proud to receive them and enjoy doing whatever challenges they entail. So, thanks a lot to Jess at Daring To Jess for nominating yours truly.
Thanks go to Okoto Enigma for creating this award and thanks for giving my friend and I such a huge laugh when we read the types of blogs this award is given to:
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
I should rename myself ‘Scribblings of Inspiration and Motivation’. I think it was that part that made my friend laugh the hardest I’ve ever heard her laugh.
Right chop chop, here are the rules:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog ✗
- List the rules ✓
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog ✓
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well ✓
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself ✓
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator ✓
- Nominate 10 -20 bloggers ✗
- I’m nice, really. You readers of my blog probably assume I’m an ignorant, impolite arsehole with little regard for the thoughts of others. But I strive to be a nice person in real life, it’s just a shame I enjoy writing introductions like the one to this post which don’t help the image my blog presents of me.
- I got my first tattoo on Tuesday. I’m so happy with it and it was a good experience, in fact I am considering writing a full post on it. However, I can see quite clearly how that could be extremely dull to read and how talking about it’s ‘meaning’, of which there is admittedly not too much of, could be annoyingly pretentious. If you’d like to see a post like that then let me know.
- I enjoy quite an odd range of music. I realise this is not particularly unusual and I’m attempting to avoid phrasing it the way a basic white girl would: “oh my God, my music taste is, like, so random”. But, I’m proud of my music taste— particularly my love of classic rock, which my Dad always appreciates, and 50s and 60s hits, but who doesn’t enjoy some hip hop with ‘sick beats’ from time to time? I’m also in love with listening to and singing barbershop music.
What is the number one item on your bucket list?
I’ll admit to never having sat down and written a physical bucket list nor even really considered what would be on it at all. Something which would be near the top would be to sell one of my paintings, which I know is doable. I dislike seeing outrageous aspirations on bucket lists, especially when the person has little control over if it will actually happen, like get married to a succesful businessman and have 2 girls and a boy, one of whom grows up to be the first person on Mars and another who becomes an Olympic gymnast. Or meet a celebrity, Harry Styles for instance… So, I can’t place it on a list but to sell a painting is a big aspiration.
Would you rather be the best of the worst or the worst of the best?
I really don’t know how to answer this other than by saying, would I be living up to my blogging identity if I didn’t say the former? I want to be the best of the worst so that I can excel in my field despite the fact that I’d be in a running race with double leg amputees.
How would you want to change the world?
My initial thought was either our generation is going to save the world from the disaster it currently is or… there won’t be a world to change when we’re older. So, rather than attempting to change the entire Earth, I think I’m content with just changing individual people’s worlds; if I can die thinking about the people whose lives I impacted positively, I think I’ll feel fulfilled. I’m never going to be a brilliant inventor, perhaps I’ll grow up to write scripts for TV shows/ films which affect people in a good way, but if not then being a thoughtful person and being there for friends is what changes other people’s lives for the better, which is what I would be happy achieving.
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People getting angry when people haven’t seen a movie they think they ‘should have’. I’m a big film fan and do get a little surprised when people reveal they haven’t seen Finding Nemo or Pulp Fiction etc. but I refrain from informing them how much they have to watch [insert vaguely famous film here] because it’s so good and why haven’t you watched it?!
What are you loving right now?
Game of Thrones season 7, Rick and Morty season 3. Life in general; I’m on holiday, I have no troubles it’s brilliant. The only thing is being frustrated that I can’t help friends who live far away. I’m always here for them though, I hope they know that.